1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a call from a dealer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by maggieddd, Oct 18, 2005.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I've had my car since July of this year. Yesterday I got a call from my dealer telling me that they want me to schedule an appointment for my first free oil change and to sign my warranty? Is this a normal procedure to sign a warranty after owning a car for about 3 months?

Also, I already had my first oil change and I told them that, so they said just to come by to sign my warranty.

What do you think is going on here?

2. ddockery

ddockery New Member

Did you already sign a warranty when you bought the car? Check your paperwork and make sure. It could have been a mix-up. Barring that, call and ask what is going on. That seems like the straight forward way to handle this.

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I haven't had time to check my paperwork but I'll do that. I thought things like that are done when you buy a car. I'll have to check

thanks

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some dealers have you sign a piece of paper that they offered you an extended warranty and you declined it. Maybe that's it, maybe the salesmen forgot to have you sign it and they're worried about their liability.

5. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

no, I definitely know that I signed the paper where I declined the extended warranty. I won't be able to check my paperwork till I get home tomorrow to see if I already have it.

Thanks

6. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Be carful. They may be tring to get you to sign up for the extended warranty even though you didn't want it.

7. Seaside Harry

Seaside Harry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm very pleased with the way we were treated by our dealer, and with all aspects of the purchase transaction. Still, I know exactly what I'd have to say to them (politely) if they asked me to drive 140 miles back to their dealership to "sign my warranty," whatever that means.