1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a Dashcam and trying to figure out how to hide the power cord.

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by yazyazoo, Mar 22, 2015.

1. yazyazoo

yazyazoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got a G1WH Dashcam for my PiP that I connected to my rear view mirror with a mount. It comes with a 10ft miniUSB charger that plugs into my cigarette light adapter.

I tried to plug it below the dash and hide the wire. I can go behind the plastic near the foot area and come up the plastic along the door. However once I reach the windows I can't get the cable to tuck in anywhere because it's too thick. I would like to get the wire to come out right near the rear mirror from the roof.

Is there any way to get the power cord tucked into the head liner or get a straight miniUSB power cable from around the headliner near the rear view mirror?

Thanks.

2. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If your mirror has 12v power ( the ones with garage opener do) you can take the power directly from the wires that feed mirror without using the "cigarette lighter" port. I did that and I don't have any wires running down.
    Alex

3. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was able to get my dashcam's power cable (about 3/16" diameter) in my '12 PIP, starting at the top, to tuck behind the top liner's edge then around the bend at the right corner into the door frame molding, then down to the footwell. Had to snap the side kick panel out to get the cable snaked behind it, then above the bottom panel to the outlet.

LlF likes this.