1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a Question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Wolfcub, May 4, 2008.

1. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I'm the proud new owner of a 2002 Prius. I love this car. It's my new baby. I went from driving a 98 Chevy Silverado to this, I've had the car for about a month now and still can't believe how much I'm saving in gas. Even caught myself pulling into a gas station when I didn't need gas because it's so ingrained in me that I need gas at least twice a week. And I still can't get over putting $30 in the tank and it lasting me more than a week when with the truck I was putting $60+ in and it lasting me 2 days.

I do miss some things that the truck had the my prius does not. I miss sitting up higher than everyone else. I miss the being able to go over or through just about anything without worrying if I'm going to get stuck. I miss having the bed of the truck for my dogs, you ever try putting 3 dogs, 2 being malamutes which are large in the back seat of a prius? It gets a little cramped. I really miss the remote start, but I'll get that sometime this year. I also miss the side window guards so that I could leave the windows cracked and not worry about rain. I can't seem to find these for my prius. I can find them for 2004 and newer but not for my 2002. Anyone know where I can find em?

2. pjberry

pjberry New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was told that you couldn't remote start a Prius...

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, Wolfcub! You might try asking about window guards in the new forum for Gen1 Prius like yours: Generation 1

4. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Why wouldn't I be able to remote start a prius? I know the system's different because its a hybrid but I figured I'd still be able to do a remote start on it since it does still have a gas engine. My Dad, who is a mechanic owning his own shop, has told me that I could and that he has installed one on a newer prius without any issues. Am I missing something here with this??

I'll try the Gen1 forum for the window deflectors.