1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got cats? Hopefully not more than two

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JackDodge, Jan 5, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Better hope your cat doesn't give birth. That's a violation waiting to happen.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Sheesh! Got 3 but had 4 last year......good thing I don't live in Bloomfield Twp.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    They just don't want bad media pub from discovering that some hitherto-unsuspected old lady (or gentleman) has 117 cats holed up with him/her, half of them mummified. Seems to hit the news about every couple of years.

5. QED

QED New Member

There's a house on one of my walking routes that has a nasty stench wafting from it. The last time that there was a complaint, the lady living there had some 20 or 30 cats.
    They took a bunch away, but I'm sure she has collected some more.

The smell is always feces and urine, not decaying human flesh, so I guess she is still ok. :eek:

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Why can't the Bloomfield public officials just teach cats abstinence?

:D

7. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

whoops, guess we wouldn't be welcome there - my husband and i have four cats.

8. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think most cities have ordinances like that (although I think the limit is usually at least 4 -- 2 seems pretty restrictive to me, but maybe that's because I have 3). They usually aren't enforced unless someone complains, and they usually include some provision for getting a kennel license or something if you have more than the specified number of pets.

9. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    What they don't know won't hurt them, I always say...
    (Mom to 4)

10. jchu

jchu New Member

I have a patient with a number of severe and potentially life threatening problems which he chooses to ignore. He also has a number of cats. Several years ago when I was trying to get him to face some of his medical problems, the conversation went as follows:

Pt: Doc, just keep me alive long enough to take care of my cats until they all die and I bury them?

Me: How many cats do you have?

Pt: 27 ...

Last year he was back in to see me again, still ignoring prudent medical management.
    Me: So how many cats do you have right now?

Pt: 33.

Me: So you want me to keep you living forever. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

To his credit, even though he refuses to take care of himself despite the best efforts of his sister and myself, at least all his cats are fixed and relatively well cared for. He just keeps adopting additional strays.

11. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Why don't they limit politicians, obnoxious talk show hosts?????

Pets at least serve a purpose...........

12. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

3 cats here, plus 4 dogs.. What WAS I thinking!!

There are 2 in my avatar, the oldest cat (gray tabby) and the 2nd youngest dog (German Shorthair pointer)

The cats earn their keep by keeping my home in the woods mouse free. They never make it inside, though I have to put up with the occasional rodent cadaver in the yard or on the floor.

13. tag

tag Senior Member

"They" actually do. Note that there is only one Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken, Hillary Clinton, George Bush, Howard Stern, et al......... :lol:

14. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

dogs just push it over the edge for me! one of my friends has 8 cats and a dog - when petsitting, it's the dog that keeps me on my toes!

15. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Apparently, teaching politicians to practice abstinence is akin to teaching cats...

16. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

Im pretty certain that in this part of Oz that you need to be a registered breeder to have more than 3 cats.

I have 2, both purebreeds, and both boys who have had the snip. I strongly believe in controlled breeding, not only for population control but also to ensure stronger disease tolerances etc.

My boys are Astro - a 10 month old British Shorthair, and Kimba, a 3 month old snow bengal...needless to say, I(we) absolutely adore them both. As some of you may know, bengals are a recent breed, derived from mating a domestic cat with an asian mountail leopard ! The result was an active domestic cat with a leopard's spots !! The snow variety is a bit more rare, and was derived from mating the standard bengal with lighter coloured cats.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.myimgs.com/data/Astrotoy7/KimbAst.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.myimgs.com/data/Astrotoy7/kimbAnim.gif

:D