1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got dinged?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Badger, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Badger

Badger New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I've been waiting for our new Prius for six weeks. It was supposed to be delivered last week. On Monday, I get a call from the Sales Manager. He explains that our car "got dinged" in transit. Approximate damage was about $200. Toyota will do repairs at their expense & the car should be delivered next week.

I'm not sure I believe anything the Sales Manager said and that he was just "buying time" because the car was late.

I would appreciate any comments from the Prius Faithful.

Paul

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I was selling cars the car carrier rolls in and after we all took a double take the highest car on the top row had it's roof sheared off. Of course it was for a guy the special ordered his car and not one for stock. We took a picture to show him so he would believe us. These things do happen, I think you should cut your dealer some slack.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like the dealer is being very honest with you.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Paul,

You may want to inspect the car in its damaged state, to satisfy yourself that you are willing to accept it once it is repaired. $200 doesn't sound like much damage, though.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would have promptly asked for pre-repair photos. If they could not provide them I would have passed on that particular car. But that is me.