1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

got IV solar last night

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tjp74, Jul 29, 2009.

1. tjp74

tjp74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Newbie here. I guess this is how you get initiated?:D

Well, I probably have a most crazy wild car purchasing story ever told.

I basically took an advantage of cash for clunker and Washington state sales tax excemption which is scheduled to expire in 2 days.

I got a blizzard white IV with solar package, bumpre applique(?) and all weather mat, MSRP $30689.

From finding a car, white with solar package in Pacifc Northwest (some dealers assured me I will not find a solar room untill I special order) to a 2 hour round trip flight across the state to work out the damaged title issue and an airport security breach to deal (airport locked down for 40 minute) with to towing the car on a u-haul trailer 600 miles, 2 pull overs by state petrol (was let go without tickets), still registration issues etc, all in a day. I could almost write up a book if I go into details.

I am still not out of woods yet as I have to complete the registration of car (got the car from Oregon and I am state of Washington) before friday and I am on the hook if dealer doesn't get $4500 due to gov running out of money or there is something wrong with my doc. :eek:

I paid $25938 out the door after $4500 cash for clunker rebate and $200 for the scrap value of my trade in (1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS automatic, rated at 16mpg). Yes, no sales tax which would have been $2500 to $3000 depending on if sales tax is before or after the rebate.

Update: Looks like registration issue, cause by dealer refusing to release paperwork to licensing office before they get the money from the bank will be worked out. I thought I was returning the car...
    I am almost in fear to drive the car untill dealer get the approval.

My commute is very short but alwasy interested in hybrids and electric car so I just couldn't say no to the opportunity.

I am a computer engineer and avid car mechanic. I will be mainly interested in modification and hecking this thing.

2. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats! I hope all goes well - no problems with registration and cash for clunkers pays out. Once that's set, you can really enjoy your new car and have fun modifying it. Keep us posted on what you do!