1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got me a Prius Saturday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffrey99, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Jeffrey99

Jeffrey99 New Member

Well after reading alot of reviews, posting and reading on here, and calling all Toyota dealers in Indy, Louisville, and Cincinnati I finally have a Prius.

I went last Saturday to Beck Toyota in Greenwood Indiana, but they didn't want to give me enough for my trade and they also wanted $2000 over MSRP for supply and demand.

So I went to Craig Toyota in Madison Indiana Saturday and to my surpise I drove off with a Barcelona Red Prius with package #8. I didn't think they give me enough for my trade, 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with 90,000 miles. I also didn't think the financing would work out, it ended up being alittle more then I wanted to pay but not too bad. I asked them about a Barcelona Red with Package #4(they package I was originally gonna get) and they said they couldn't get me one for atleast 60 days. They said the tax credit is only for the first so many people and that in 60 days it could be over or not be as much as it is now.

There's a few things I definatly have to do to it though. 1)Window's tinted. It's way too bright in there right now. 2)Sirius Sat Radio (can't live without it) 3)want to check out the Body Side Mouldings and 4)want to check out the paint protection I read alot about on here.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Welcome to the bazaar, Jeffrey! Did you get more than $4400 for the Blazer (KBB trade in value)? Your Prius will not depreciate so fast, I promise.

I don't believe that the tax credit will change w/in the next 60 days, but who am I to argue with a car salesman? But seriously, you are going to really enjoy the car.

Here's the drill: Make sure the engine oil is not too full, and the tires are not too empty. Ask here for help from people in your area to make sure you get the tint and Sirius installations done right and for a fair price. If you have not already paid for "paint protection", I hope that you don't. If you have, we can assign some DIY maintenance work to get that money back!

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

w00t! Congratulations! Welcome to PC (in case the guy at the door missed you :rolleyes: )

You wanted a #4 but "settled" for a #8? Yeah, I would think it was a little more than you figured on. :eek: Any trade-in with 90K mi. isn't likely to bring what you want for it, no matter how good shape it's in.

By "paint protection", do you mean the stuff about Zaino that's been posted here? Count me as a big "yes!" on that one. It's worth the relatively small extra expense---and it's easier to use than a standard "bear down hard" wax.

You're an official PC "Wild and Crazy Guy" Barcelona Red owner (if you want to be).

4. Jeffrey99

Jeffrey99 New Member

KBB was $9400 and I got $9000, Beck Toyota in Greenwood, IN only wanted to give me $8300..This was the color I really wanted and couldn't find it anywhere else so I went with it...

I read some stuff on here about some clear 3M decal type things to put on to protect the paint. I need to look around some more and find some more info on it.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations and welcome to PC!

I'm like you: the very first thing I did when I got my Prius was tint the windows, the next thing was to get XM radio installed/integrated. The tint makes for the greatest visual difference, the satellite radio makes for a very enjoyable ride. :D