1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got mine Monday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xantus98, Mar 25, 2005.

1. xantus98

xantus98 New Member

Hi all! Have enjoyed reading the posts on these forums. I got my Salsa Red package 6 this past Monday night after only about a months wait. I'm looking forward to driving it this weekend. The wife has put it through the paces this week and thoroughly enjoys it. Can't wait for "my turn"!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    CONGRATULATIONS!

You say your wife has been driving it for the week? You might have some work ahead of you improving the mileage. I rib my wife all the time that she's not allowed to drive Priapus because she'll wreck my mileage.

Keep smiling.

Drive Hybrid
    Drive Happy

3. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

Congrats! I took the plunge today and pick it up next Monday: White/Ivory/BC.... Hopefully we'll be swapping more stories soon.

Gary

4. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

Hello xantus98,

So how was your first week behind the wheel?

I haven't been so lucky. The car I was to get turned out to have mientry in the inventory computer: wrong color code. It didn't have the expected ivory interior. So I was tagged for another one on the way. I got a call Friday that my car made POE on time, but the train ride from CA is behind schedule. So now I'm waiting another week. Sigh.

Gary

5. xantus98

xantus98 New Member

Took it for a drive to the beach this weekend. 90 miles of Interstate driving at 75+mph each way. Very windy conditions! Car did seem to buffet some. Second tank mileage was 44.7 after 44.1 on the first tank. Car is a real joy to drive! We're off to the mountains this comiong weekend. Looking forward to seeing how it does up there!

Eric

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to the happy world of the Prius! :)

I see you're in North Carolina. We're starting a Prius club in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area soon if you're nearby. The more, the merrier!

And Tony, that's not fair. My husband is the bad Prius driver in my household (dropped my average from 44 to 38 in one day) He beats on all cars he drives and I made it clear it wasn't happening with this one.

I know MY average is low, but my daily trip is only 2.5 miles.

7. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

Today was my Monday! My white/ivory/BC is beautiful... delivery went very smoothly after all the delivery delays. Here's to hoping for many happy and frugal miles.

Gary

8. lgeisz

lgeisz Junior Member

wooo whoooo... I just put a deposit on mine. It will be silver with pkg6 it should be in the 28 of April. Thanks for the forum and all the useful information