1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got mine without waiting

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Gurmail, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I put my name on a couple of lists about six weks ago. San Francisco Toyota, where they said I was number 830!!, while they were serving people who were 300 :( . They told me 3-5 months, then 7-8 and then a year. Therefore I also put my name with Hanlee Toy in Richmond, where they said I was # 13 and it would take 6-8 weeks. Upon reding others' suggestion, I called around the country and found Bruce at Deal and Davie in Susanville( 110 miles from Redding, Ca, 85 mile from Reno). He said they had a silver #7 arriving at port the next day!!! I dealt with the owner himself, no salesmen. Bruce was extremly proffesional and honest. He even gave me a small discount to cover the costs of getting there!! I put down a $ 1000 deposit over the phone with a credit card. My car was delayed a week at the port due to some backlog :( , and then, i drove to pick it up. He did not have any hidden charges or add ons. He had told me the exact price over the phone and stuck to it. He even recomended against getting the extended warranty!! saying the car came with quite a good warranty already. The car was ready and filled up, and, oh so beautiful, as I got there after having spent the night in Reno. I had a great drive back, lost my first bar at 207 miles ang got around 56mpg with mixed country roads and freeway driving. Now I have 450 miles on my car and I really feel bad for the people who have been waiting so long. If you have just started the wait, do call around and you too may get lucky.