1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got My 2008 Prius Thursday, 9/27 !!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rwhoyle, Oct 1, 2007.

1. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dealer delivered my new '08 Red Prius Touring w/ Pkg #6 last Thursday!!! Only 5 weeks after putting down $500 deposit on it. Wife and I drove to Texas for a fishing trip and ended up putting 500 hundred round trip miles on it. Car handles and drives like a dream. Very comfortable and roomy (I'm 6'-4" tall and weigh 255 lbs) No head room or leg problem at all. Car is very quite. First tank avg. 42.8 driving 65-70 on cruise control with A/C on all the time. Second tank averaging just over 45.

I sent out emails to 21 Toyota dealers (Both in-state and out-of-state) requesting quotations and delivery estimates. All emails were addressed to the Dealer Internet Sales Manager. Seven replied. Six quotes were under MSRP and one was $300 over. My out the door price for an '08 Touring, Pkg #6 with all weather mats was $26,150 (Does not include Tag/title).

Still wading through the Nav booklet trying to figure out how to use all of the bells and whistles. I want to say thanks for all of the great information and suggestions that have been posted here. Wonderful source of info.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wooo Hooo!
    Congratulations, and be sure to post photos of your new baby! :D

3. mswalters

mswalters New Member

So which dealer did you go with? I am also in Tulsa, and I have been waiting since July for my Silver Pine Mica Touring. That OTD price is way lower than I am paying!

4. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmama @ Oct 1 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]520031[/snapback]</div>
    priusmama,

I sent you a PM with the Dealer particulars you asked about. Check that out and let me know if you have any other questions. Quick questions: Did you buy/order you new Prii thru Dealer salesmen or did you go thru the Dealer Internet Sales department. Did you get multiply quotes for the same car? FYI, the two dealer departments (Sales & Internet) are usually miles apart on selling price !!!! Hope you get your car soon!!! If you see a red '08 Touring with a dealer tag on the back, honk, because it's probably me!!!!

Sliderule