1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my black '07 Prius today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tactical Funky, May 5, 2007.

1. Tactical Funky

Tactical Funky New Member

I only got Package #1 because I didn't need much else - although I was intrigued by the VSC - and I'm already loving this vehicle; thanks to all who assisted me with my earlier questions after the accident in which my '04 Corolla was totalled. I'll probably be browsing these forums for a while as I get more familiar with my new Prius.

I've noticed that a lot of you folks give your Prii names, so I'm trying to think of something good.

Name's Max, BTW - nice to meet you all (and some of you again). :D

Apologies for the poor quality of the photos, but my cellphone camera was all I had available today:

Attached Files:

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Look at that handsome profile.

...and I like the car too.

3. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 5 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]436163[/snapback]</div>
    Hehe, always good to meet a fellow dog person - especially one with such a good taste in color... ;)

Her name's Ali and she just over one year of age now; what's your pup's name?

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Max. I like both your car and dog. I had a Shepherd who was a great dog, died of old age several years ago, but regal looking like Ali.

5. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Excellent choice on the car, especially the color. I'd recommend a good tint on the windows. It really looks great on a black Prius (yes. I'm very biased in this direction...), and it makes a noticeable difference re heat reduction, which can be an issue with a black car.

Nice looking dog, but about 50-60 pounds too much... ;) :p

6. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ May 6 2007, 02:17 AM) [snapback]436265[/snapback]</div>
    I have to agree on all points here...Gret color, looks even better with a good tint. And your shepherd would eat my poms and silky terrier for lunch :)

7. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 6 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]436257[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Bill. B)

Shepherds are indeed great dogs; Ali's the third one we've had since I was wee tot.

8. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Great color choice, I concur with everyone else, get tint! We just put the max on the front of our black 07 & Limo on the rears, It looks amazing!!

Cute Pup!!

9. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ May 6 2007, 01:17 AM) [snapback]436265[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I'm thinking about getting it tinted once finals are over with (I feel like I've been in college forever) and perhaps getting some BSMs and mudguards to help protect the car since I don't trust my fellow students when they park near me, let alone drive on the same road. :D

Thanks - she's around 80 lbs. now and still growing after a year... :blink:

10. geekforums

geekforums New Member

CONGRATS ON THE NEW PRIUS!

11. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 6 2007, 04:55 AM) [snapback]436287[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I'm feelin' the tint vibe quite a bit with this car. B)

My shepherd may be big, but she loves to play with dogs of all sizes and even seems somewhat cautious of the lil' ones... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ May 7 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]437015[/snapback]</div>
    I'm definitely gonna do the max (35%) up front and limo on the rear - if allowed in Kansas...

Hmm, not too sure. :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geekforums @ May 7 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]437018[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, man. B)

12. tiger roach

tiger roach New Member

Cool, our cars have the same birthday. :)

Good thing you have the backup camera since your buddy there likes to lounge on the driveway. Enjoy it!

13. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiger roach @ May 7 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]437030[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet!

Hehe, yeah...I got her to sit in front of my new car for that photo and she looked at me like, "Wth is this for?" :lol:

14. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you buy your car in KC? Any certain dealer you'd like to recommend??? I have thought about trying to deal down there.

Did you buy your car in KC? Any certain dealer you'd like to recommend??? I have thought about trying to deal down there.

15. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can't go wrong with black IMHO.

I have a 3.5 lb Chi named Baby. I had a shepard named Candy when I was a kid - great dog,should could find my brother where in the neighborhood, if my mom sent her to track him.

I want tint in my car too, but I want a good tint job and am afraid.

I also want leather.

16. Tactical Funky

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 7 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]437063[/snapback]</div>
    Do I have to respond twice since you posted the question twice? :p

Seriously though, I've bought my last two cars - including the Prius - from Superior Toyota in Merriam, KS, just outside of KC. They have a good selection of regular and Touring Priuses on the lot and it's a great dealership experience overall.

http://www.superiortoyota.com/HomePage

17. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure why it showed up twice ... first I ran into an error and then when I re-posted there were two there even though I never typed it again ????

Thanks for the info ... happen to see any white Tourings there??

Thanks

18. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sweet. Nice dog too!

19. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nice. Though I have to complain about the cell phone pictures...I really don't know why they even add in a camera into cell phones if they look worse than a basic homemade pin-hole camera.

20. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Excellent choice of color. :p