1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my Gen III today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jamarimutt, Sep 22, 2009.

1. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I bought my first Prius back in 2004. Aside from a few problems to be expected during 110,000 miles of driving, the car has behaved and performed so well that I bought the first 2010 that arrived at my local dealership (where I bought the 2004). I was fortunate that the car was exactly what I was looking forth... a white basic model. I traded in my daughter's 2007 Yaris and got a fair value for it, she's now driving the 2004 Prius (my wife decided to keep her 2005 Scion XA).

So far the new car is great! Much quieter, better behaved and overall more convenient than the previous generation. And it only cost $3000 more than the 2004, not bad for such a radical change six years later. :)

2. johnkodem

johnkodem Prius Owner since Aug 25 2009

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My new Prius is 4 weeks old today. The first I've owned, but I am way impressed. Good luck, and I hope that it gives you many years of good service and economy.:)

3. bee

bee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Picked up my Prius last night! I am thrilled. It is my first hybrid and the ride this morning was smooth and easy (and I averaged 70.1 mpgs!)

Best of all, my 6'3", 260lb husband fits in the car just fine. Even has headroom. Pretty cool--I have been really really impressed with the interior space.

4. Holmesman

Holmesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Mine is a little over two months old. My wife and I love it. We go out every weekend on a "Mystery Drive" just to enjoy it. The Gen III rocks!

5. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats to all!

bee - where'd you get your car?

Holmesman - I do the same thing - take off on little wanderings on the weekends. Or, when I'm doing the usual errands, I veer off the usual path and take a less direct route just to drive the car more! :)

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. Grateful11

Grateful11 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    We just picked ours up yesterday. Actually we went to look at a Scion xB but decided to
    go with a Prius.

8. Pugsy

Pugsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Excellent choice, Grateful. Not that there's anything wrong with the Scion, but the Prius is such a great car. I've had mine for two weeks now and I'm loving it.

My dad already has 160,000 miles on his 2005 Gen II, and never a problem. I love that it's both efficient and reliable.

9. Grateful11

Grateful11 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    160K, that's awesome!

10. ddmantx

ddmantx Junior Member

Model:
    II
    Found on the locator on Monday, delivered on Thursday.

Gen III model II. Jeff Hunter Toyota in Waco.