1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my hands on an '06 brochure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Mar 22, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

GY- not available around here but says front and rear side air bags

HE- AM/FM CD w/ 6 speakers, smartkey system, backup camera,

HF-AM/FM CD w/ 6 speakers, smartkey system, backup camera, front and rear side air bags
    they say its most popular here in NH or the next one

HG-AM/FM CD w/ 6 speakers, smartkey system, backup camera, vehicle stability control , front and rear side air bags
    this is the package I'd probably opt for

HI-also say can't get but the brochure says: smartkey system, backup camera, vehicle stability control , front and rear side air bags, JBL AM/FM 6 disc cd player with 9 speakers, handsfree capability via bluetooth

HK-smartkey system, backup camera, vehicle stability control , front and rear side air bags, JBL AM/FM 6 disc cd player with 9 speakers, handsfree capability via bluetooth , anthitheft and homelink, autodimming rearview mirror

NL- smartkey system, backup camera, vehicle stability control , front and rear side air bags, JBL AM/FM 6 disc cd player with 9 speakers, handsfree capability via bluetooth, voice activated Navigation system

NW- smartkey system, backup camera, vehicle stability control , front and rear side air bags, JBL AM/FM 6 disc cd player with 9 speakers, handsfree capability via bluetooth, voice activated Navigation system and leather trimmed seats and steering wheel

Also had my test drive and here are hopefully my last annoying questions to you helpful folk who seem to know more. :unsure:

1) does the regular cd player playback mp3-not very important but have been told different things
    2) I test drove and 05 at one place with 20K on it and an 06, are the bodies the exact same and is there some sort of break in period? I ask about the bodies because it seemed like the back view was better in the 05 but maybe it was my seat.

3)Seems like one dealer might throw in the mats, what are people's experience with that?

4) Just a curiosity, I noticed one drink holder, I almost always have some beverage in the car, are there others-not huge

5) anyone reading this order an HG in seaside pearl and how long did you wait. I'm leaning towards being picky since I don't have to rush.

Hope the list above helps some :)

2. momfortheenvironment

3. momfortheenvironment

just editted topic line

4. Emma

Emma New Member

According to the official Toyota option package information located here,, all the packages ABOVE GY have mp3/WMA playback capability.

I can't speak for the '05 models, as I've never been in one, but the '06 has a total of four cup holders (two front and two back).

5. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

I can attest that the GY models do not playback MP3s.

In addition to the front and driver side airbags, it also has the pillar/curtain airbags.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Just got my Silver #7 19 days ago - but here goes...

1. go for the mp3 playback - it will become bigger as time moves forward and the wireless connections are ok at best. Best option is to have it hard wired.

2. '06 has different front and rear fascia - i dont think there was a difference i could discern when I test drove both. But this really goes to another question you posited - rear backup camera. We have one on our '04 Sienna and we would not purchase another car without it. We love it. I think it almost vital in the Prius if you are in stealth mode so you can make sure you are not going to run anything or anyBODY over - more true if you disable the backup beeper - which I would not do. It is damn scarery when you back up in stealth mode - totally silent.

3. Mats are great, especially if you are going to keep the car for any period of time. Not a huge $ considering what you are dropping for the car itself.

4. Not as many cup holders as in our Sienna which has 20 I think - but more than sufficient so far for me.

5. Be picky - it is your money - do it ONCE and do it right.

PS - I love pack #7 - love the DVD/NAV, the smartkey is so great that you don't realize it until you have it (like walking to the car and not having to drop all yourpackages to fumble for your key and then unlock it and then pick up your packages...... Again, if you plan on keeping the car a number of years, the cost is not that great.

Best of luck. I am almost 3 weeks into a love affair with a car - something I have not had in several decades and several dozen cars.

7. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I'm not sure if HG has the HID headlights. They are very nice if you do night driving! I think it's HK (package 6) that has all the goodies except Navigation.

I would recommend that since the $$ amount is only slightly higher and this will definately help your resale value in the future, although I don't think you'll ever sell the car once you have it.

8. priusblue

priusblue New Member

The HG package does have MP3 playback for CDs - that's the package I have. It also has an MP3 player input in the console. The MP3 CDs are great though - you can get like 8 hours of music on one and organize it in folders and such.

The view out the back should be the same on the 05 and the 06 - the 06 has the advantage of the backup camera.

I have to disagree about the HID's - the huge extra expense is not worth it to get to the package that has them and the regular headlights work fine.

There are 2 cupholders in the front - the second one flips down. towards the front of the car. There are also bulges in the door pockets so that you can fit a bottle in the door (with the lid on). There are also 2 cup holders that flip down for the back seat people. Also there is a "secret compartment" that slides out of the bottom of the console in the front.

In my opinion, the pkg 4 (HG) is the best value in terms of safety and fun features, unless you really want leather or nav. Of course I'm biased, though since that's what I picked!