1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got My new 2007 Prius on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by richard123, Jul 20, 2007.

1. richard123

richard123 New Member

My 2007 Prius, package 6, Driftwood Pearl, Bisque Leather, arrived at my dealer Wednesday morning, and I drove in home Wednesday evening.

Only ONE word discribes that vehicle, AWESOME.

When I test drove the Prius at the dealer last month, as I am sure most have, I thought it was great, but now, I have my own, and "Awesome" is the one word that comes up as the best discriptive word for the Prius.

The odometer said "1" mile, and I asked the salesman who was driving MY car, and were they careful with it.

I had a 2003 Honda Odyssey that I traded. I loved the Odyssey, but only got 20 miles per gallon.

The Prius on the first day averaged 42.5 MPG, and that is with in town and highway driving with long upgrades on the highway.

Today, Friday, after getting to work and a total of 72 miles on the odometer I am up to 44.6 MPG. That is better then twice what I got with the Honda, and I am just learning the driving techniques you all tlak about, Pulse and Glide.

I practiced that on the Honda, but it had very little effect. Often on the highway, I see 70 to 80 MPG. Then when the gas engine turns off I see 99.9 MPG, which is of course infinity.

All I can say, what everyone has said in this chatroom, well most everyone, that gives the positive remarks, are absolutely right. This car is amazing, plus very comfortable to drive, very quite, smooth handling, and what else, I don't know, I could elaborate for quite a awhile.

Collegues in work were all over the car when I came to work, and were all amazed at how much room was inside.

One funny thing people still ask, is how often do I have to plug it in. " Very cute".

Thanks, everyone, you all have helped me to learn a lot before my car arrived.

By the way, it wasn't due until the middle of August, so it arrived almost a month early, exactly 4 weeks after I ordered it.

And the sound system is far better then I would ever expect. Simply Awesome again.

Richard

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC! Enjoy! :)

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on your Prius! And wlcome!

4. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your new "magic carpet".

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Richard, welcome to PriusChat. Now you know first hand why so may of us LOVE our cars! Now you get to mod your new baby, adding mud guards and Zaino, for example. Keep us informed!