1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got My New Wheels on my Prius V

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by shawnb2, Sep 9, 2009.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here they are. Something else to look at. These are Enkei EKM3's in Gunmetal Grey. They are 17x7's with a 45mm offset. I mounted the factory Toyo's on them and everything looks great. Best thing is, they are 4lbs. lighter than the factory 17's. My only complaint if I was to have one is the dark color actually seems to make them look smaller than the stockers. Don't know if the silver versions would solve that issue or not. I'll get used to it I'm sure. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice. Wow that looks great. I would consider some kind of gun metal for mine if I go aftermarket. But still hoping for yours.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Please tell us our MPG experiences - those are looking like you will lose 2 MPG :cool:
    Very nice!

4. yunebug

yunebug Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Love it.

I'll take your OEM 17"s off your hands. ;0) Haha

5. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Actually I'm hoping that the 16lbs. of rotational mass will offset the aerodynamic penalties. We'll see. I'll keep you guys informed. Sorry to those who were interested in my factory wheels but the are all but sold to someone here local. He should be picking them up sometime this week. I almost hate getting rid of them because they look so good on our cars, but then again I guess that's why so many people have shown interest and I like standing out from the crowd a bit. The mods will continue as they keep coming out as long as I like them of course.

6. njchpd

njchpd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Very cool!

7. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Very nice looking wheels! I'm a bit partial to lighter looking wheels, myself, but the darker wheels are a nice contrast with the Blizzard Pearl.

8. venom700

venom700 Just call me Brian...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nice look! Definitely post about MPG differences please.

9. wintechsw

wintechsw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

10. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Black rims on a white car work well in many cases. This is no exception.

11. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The dark color definitely makes them look smaller, but another factor that contributes to how big a wheel looks is the design itself (which is why Dakine50's 18x8 rims with multiple, narrower open spokes hardly look any bigger than the 17" stockers judging from photos). However, you've accomplished your goal of standing out with the aftermarket wheels.

12. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm starting to get more used to seeing them on the car and liking them alot more. Wheels don't look as small so much anymore. Would have preferred these wheels in 18", but it of course would have cost me more needing to get tires along with them. So far after about 100 miles no drop in mileage. I'll keep you guys up to date after I fill the tank tomorrow and reset the trip meter.

13. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ok, have gotten through my first tank of gas with the new wheels and there is not a change in MPG's at all. I have gotten alot of compliments on them as well. These will be on the car for a bit. Waiting to hear back in the next couple of weeks about whether or not the Tein coilovers will fit our cars or not. There is a import tuner shop that is modifying their IV. They are doing the Junction Produce body kit, some 19x8" wheels and lowering the car either by coilovers or they said they may go airbags. They aren't so worried about getting crazy MPG's but it should look really nice. It's Winter Grey. Will report back once I hear. I am hoping they do. Will buy them very soon after if they do.

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Wouldn't have guess it was gunmetal cause they look black in the photos! Also, gotta do something about that gap! Can't wait to see the final product.

15. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Believe me I know. It's killing me there isn't anything available that we know works just yet. Not to mention, because of plans I have for the car, simple lowering springs are not an option. I want the stance just right. Take a look at my avatar. That's what the final product will look like. Already have the ball rolling on the body kit, wheels as well as like I said about the coil-overs. Just need the money to do it all. Research is well underway. It's not going to be cheap, but it's going to look good!! Can't wait. It's my wallpaper on my iPhone and I drool every time I see it.

16. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the wheels! They look sweet!! :)

I think you are going to see alot of people swapping out the 15" wheels for something larger as people see what a difference it makes visually.

Keep us posted on the suspension mods as well. As you are aware, nothing confirmed yet for USDM Prius.

The Winter gray Prius you mentioned that is being modded sounds like it's gonna be a show stopper! Imho if they are planning to lower the car alot, air suspension is the way to go.

The front overhang of our cars are pretty long......with a low "fixed suspension" you will surely damage the front end, trust me I've been there!:D

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking forward to it!

18. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am seeing about a 3-4 mpg drop going from 15 inch to 17 inch.

19. akeem

akeem News Breaker

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to admit, the wheels look amazing on your car. great job !

20. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thank you. I definitely like them. They will do for now until the other things come together. Still waiting to hear about the coil overs if they are compatible with our cars or not. Once I get the ok, they are being ordered.