1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my Prius II today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by arunsumi, Nov 1, 2009.

1. arunsumi

arunsumi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I picked my new prius II /black from the dealership today (for 23.2K with few basic accessories). I feel very happy for choosing this car so far :D:cheer2::cheer2:. It looks and drives cool. Thanks again for the suggestions & information in this forum. They were very helpful.

Though I missed did quite an amount of research before booking II, i did not notice that reverse cameras / nav is not an option on II. While i am not looking for Nav, I am one of those guys that think reverse cameras should be included as standard safety equipment. It is quite difficult while backing the car.

Q1) Has anyone installed a aftermarket Reversing cameras on Prius 2? I am looking for one, any information will help.

Q2) Dealer is offering to install aftermarket 'sunroof' for 1100$s. While I like to have one and I dont suspect dealer's capabilities, I dont know other disadvantages and if it would spoil the cute black top.. Any suggestions?

Thank you..

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :welcome: Congratulations on your new black Prius. The back up camera is a good idea and can be done. Check out the Gen 3 Accessories and Modifications forum as well as the Audio and Electronics forum, just use the search function for backup camera install or something like that.

I would definitely pass on the sun roof, I have seen to many after market sun roof jobs that leak or are just plain botched up. Once they cut a big hole in your roof it's to late to go back.

3. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    NEVER ever install an aftermarket sunroof/moonroof. It is just asking for trouble. Also aftermarket roofs will decrease the value of a trade in.

4. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    YAY,
    another 2010 Prius driver! You will not be dissapointed.
    Its easy, just try to use the car as an EV only :)
    its fun.