1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got My Prius in 2 days

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by far182, Sep 2, 2006.

1. far182

far182 New Member

Hello!

I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Prius with Package #7. After discussing the idea of getting a Prius with my wife and test driving one last Sunday, last Tuesday night my wife said she would be ok with us going forward in getting a Prius.

I am the type of person who does a lot of research before purchasing anything and I have been reading these forums for a while. So I already heard of the waiting lists and the horror stories. Something in my mind told me that if I try hard enough I can find what I want in stock somewhere. I already knew I wanted Silver and that I wanted package #7 so that I could add Catskins afterwards.

Thank goodness for google. ;) After calling what must of been 40 Toyota dealers in Central and northern California I found one that had what I wanted in stock. The place was about 3 hours drive from here but I knew it was worth the drive. While talking to the dealer I kinda of joking asked if they would deliver it to me. Guess what, they did! Just amazing. I didn't have to pay anything extra for the car or delivery. I only paid MSRP.

So anyway, for those with the patience to do your research and don't want to wait on a waiting list I suggest giving my method a try. It worked for me. It only took me 1 day to find it and the next day it was delivered to my front door. BTW, it is so much nicer signing paperwork in the peace of your own home.

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats and well done. I have a feeling that Silver #7 is a popular package for Toyota to manufacture, and easier to find than certain other setups, but it's still good advice.

Enjoy the new ride!

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought mine in 2 days also. Signed the papers on Monday and picked it up on Wednesday :D

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! That's awesome you were able to get a Prius so quickly, good job on the research! :D