1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my Prius last night

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by anonjedi, Mar 22, 2006.

1. anonjedi

anonjedi New Member

Picked it up last night.

Has package #6. A whopping 15 miles on the odometer.

When I got it, the average mpg was at 20.1 -- some short test drives, maybe?

By the time I got home (20 miles later) the average was up to 37.6. Sweet!

The best part: I drove through the main drag in our development. It is about 3-4 miles long on a mild downhill grade. Speed limit is 35 mph. I got it to 40 and then coasted almost all the way to my turn off. Average for the period was at 100 mpg! Woo hoo!

I was quite happy with the entire sales transaction. I got what i wanted in terms of sale price and trade-in. Also, I was surprised that toyota financing was able to (slightly) beat my credit union's financing.

No problems or questions for now. Can't wait to drive home.

My next step is investigate adding XM. I know there are some good options out there. I am considering the MyFi portable. I need to do some research on this site and elsewhere to find out the best options and advice out there. Any free advice on using the XM MyFi in the Prius is appreciated!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, anonymous Jedi! The force must be strong in you... :)

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    And not the least bit excited either. :blink: Congratulations!! Happy motoring ! (I don’t mean the ICE B) )

4. anonjedi

anonjedi New Member

Thanks all!

Yes, I am exuberant.

I am nothing if not exuberant.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius!

I don't know anything about the XM MyFi, but I had my XM radio kit integrated into my touch-screen display and absolutely love it! It has just a little black square-shaped antennae just over the passenger side of the rear window, and no other exposed hardware/wires anywhere in the car, which I love.

I know there are others that have portable XM radios that they use in their Priuses, I suggest you check out the Audio & Electronics section and either do a search for "XM radio" or post a thread there about your situation. Best of luck! :)

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  7. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Another Virginia Prius, AWESOME!!

Congrats!
    I'll be looking for you when I'm up in the metro area.

Wouldn't it be cool to have some way to ID the Prius cars that are members of PriusChat?

8. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe we should ask the powers that be to develop some sort of static cling see-through sticker for PC members that can be placed in the rear windshield. :rolleyes:

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congratulations, what color did you get? If you don't mind, which car did you trade in? I also traded in and got my black Prius recently.

Dennis

10. anonjedi

anonjedi New Member

Dennis,

I got the "seaside pearl". Or as I call it "blue".

I traded in a 2 year old Chevy Equinox. Nice looking small SUV. Terrible mileage. I averaged 17-18 mpg.

On the Prius, I now have 1.5 commutes under my belt. Average mpg is 47. Not too bad given the cold (36 degree average) and the commute (5 miles city/suburb, 22 highway at an average of 65 mph)

11. modernsituations

modernsituations New Member

Congrats man, you'll love it...i came from a V8 Touareg gettting about the same mileage...and i can't be any happier!

also looking to add the sattelite radio with the walkman type system from sirius...that litte thing is pretty expensive tho...