1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my shark fin today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kayemarschke2, May 11, 2007.

1. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

Only took 2 weeks, get my xm installed tommarrow.

2. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Excellent. Expect a little signal loss. I live in a hilly area and when I am deep between ridges is when I experience weaker signals. It finishes the look so nicely I really don't care. XM is next for me as well.

Good luck!

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robincx @ May 11 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]440324[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry, I would rather have the antenna where it receives the best signal it possibly can. That is why I won't put it under a sharkfin. I also live in the mountains. To me the better signal is more important than the look of micro xm antenna on the roof. I could not live with listening to a favorite song, and just as it gets to the best part... bang... fade out lol!

But congrats on your sharkfin it will certainly look real nice I'm sure, could you post some pics please of the finished product? I'd love to see them!

4. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 11 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]440327[/snapback]</div>
    I understand your sentiments exactly. However, I currently live south of the Buffalo radio market where the radio programing is less than current (my 10 minute mullet disapeared sometime in the early 80's.) So I don't really miss much, my CD collection on the other hand is excellent and ever evolving. I'll post pics of mine this weekend as well.

5. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

I installed my Sirius antenna under the sharkfin and the reception is fine, can't tell a difference that it isn't just on the roof.

However, the FM reception with the sharkfin I have is pretty sucky.

Good luck.