1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my Silver #6!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Trojan, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Well, after about a month of being on the waiting list I finally got my silver #6 on Saturday night! It actually arrived into the port of Los Angeles a week ago today, but I guess it took 5 days for it to be offloaded and shipped to the dealership. On Saturday at 6:00pm I got an email from the service department telling me that "work on my 2005 silver Prius" was finished. I immediately called my salesman and asked him about the email (since I'd been pestering him daily about whether my car had arrived or not). He went and checked, and 10 minutes later he called me back and told me that sure enough, my Prius was in and was finished with inspection! My wife and I drove up to the dealership and signed for it with only 3 miles on the odometer!

Now the only problem is my wife, who keeps claiming that SHE gets to drive the Prius on "heavy traffic days" since her route to work has a carpool lane and mine doesn't. Haha. :D

2. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

So you took an 05' Model rather than an '06? Nothing wrong with that, Just curious your thoughts on that. I too have an '05 coming in next week, Still wondering if I should go ahead and take it, or wait for an '06.

Thanks

3. Trojan

Trojan New Member

No real "rational" thought that went into my decision. My wife and I didn't really feel like waiting another 2 months to get an 06 even though financially it would have made more sense w/ the credit vs. deduction issue. We wanted to have the Prius for our Thanksgiving trip to visit her parents (800 or so miles roundtrip), and figured that $500 (or so) tax savings in April 06 was enough (plus we'd have to wait until 2007 to get the tax credit from getting an 06).

Yeah yeah, we're not very patient people but still, I feel fine (happy, in fact) about our purchase!

4. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

Congrats trojan, im glad you're loving it! :)

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Way to go! Now YOU can answer the next three incoming questions re: what's B for, low MPG and strange noise! :lol:

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's pretty much the route I took. I then found out that Colorado has a sweet tax credit so that made me feel better. Cali has a big TC as well, right?

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Trojan! I think you made a good decision. As the old saying goes, A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Have a great Thanksgiving trip! This gives you just enough time to become familiar with your car before you go.

8. TALON

TALON New Member

Congratuations, and have asafe trip.

9. Trojan

Trojan New Member

The exact same quote my father-in-law gave me last night when I asked him for advice on whether I should sell my car for a bit less than I was asking or hold out for somebody to make me a better offer. Haha.