1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got one!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seftonde, Mar 27, 2007.

1. seftonde

seftonde New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, this is such an incredible car. And, I am also quite enamored with this forum - been reading it for a few days and you folks are great; such a wealth of information.

I recently changed jobs, now will be driving to Hartford CT, about 45 minutes from home. My wonderful wife said gee, you should get another car since your truck gets a grand total of 12 MPG on good, warm days, down hill with the engine off being pushed by a semi.

Sos I thought, gollee, I wanna get me one of them Prii.

So a few weeks ago I started researching these and got mine on Saturday 24 March.

Package 5
    Charcoal Grey (gray?)

We have two young boys, I was very impressed with how much room they have in the back!

I love the technology and I'm very ecologically minded (sorry about the truck...) We lived in Japan during 1998 and 1999 when they were being developed and there was a lot of interesting news on them. I spent 6 years in the navy as a nuclear engineer, so I'm very familiar with motor generators, batteries etc.

I cannot say enough good about this vehicle, (nor this forum for that matter.)

I had a whole bunch of questions; but they have all been answered so far by searching this forum.

Well, gotta go - got to think of an excuse to drive somewhere...
    Daniel

2. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome, from one newbie to another.

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daniel Sefton @ Mar 27 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]412977[/snapback]</div>
    LOL Daniel!

Hello and welcome. Your right, this is an incredible car! I am so happy with mine too! I would like to get another one for my partner or possibly buy a new one and hand down mine lol

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC and congrats! :)

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, not only another New England Prius, but a member of the elite Magnetic Grey club! Welcome aboard and Welcome aboard and congratulations!

6. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 27 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]413010[/snapback]</div>
    It is the best color! Congrats from another newbie ... still waiting to pick mine up. And yes I chose to wait 2 weeks to get a Magnetic Gray over the silver one on the lot. :D

7. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Texas911 @ Mar 27 2007, 09:49 AM) [snapback]412979[/snapback]</div>
    x2

You will love the car more and more with each passing day ... it's really incredible.

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Daniel, from a not-so-newbie. I just got a silver 2007 #5 NL the last of February and love the new one as much as the 2005, or more. There seem to be many subtle improvements. It's still the smartest car on the road.

My wife always thought I was a little nutty about my Prius. Now she has the 2005 and can understand it a little. Yes, priusFTW, Prii belong in pairs!

What are your planned mods, Daniel?

9. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome Daniel! Sorry about your choice of colors though, Super White is the best, but then I am biased! Hope you have a great time on P/C and add many mods to enhance your "ride". B)

Lee

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is there some law that states guys named Daniel (or some variation thereof) have to buy a Prius? Not only are there the various Dan*s on this board, but the first person I knew In Real Life to buy a Prius was named Dan.

11. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My first friend to buy a Prius is also named Daniel. Coincidence? I think not! He has the classic Prius, and I have a feeling he's jealous of my '06.

Welcome Daniel, and thanks for setting a good example to the other nubs by searching for answers first :D

12. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My friend Daniel is lusting after my Prius, but his budget says no. Maybe it is a Daniel thing. . . .

13. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grandma Judy @ Mar 28 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]413671[/snapback]</div>
    Before this thread get too far off topic "Daniels and Dans with Prii", lets get back on topic.

Silver Pine is the Best color. Bill told me, so that makes it so.

And Daniel Sefton, can you help me out with a Prius Fuel Rod conversion?

14. Skynight

Skynight New Member

MIDDLESBORO, KY (SE KY, WHERE KY, TN., AND VA. MEE
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello from another newbie...do you have any pix of your new car?

Check out our new one at "Traded our 05 for a new 07" .
    john/teresa