1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got Prius 4 days ago and loving it

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jon1976, May 4, 2008.

1. Jon1976

Jon1976 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Got the Prius 4 days ago, I made the decision while waiting for AAA to jump my car ( for the 3rd time that day) My cables didn't seem to want to work. I called the dealer who first told me they didn't have one, put me on hold and finally said they just got one from another dealer on a trade but had about 200 miles on it. After we talked price I told them I would take it and would be there in a few hours. When I got there, the car was washed and ready to go. ( I had test driven one there about 3 weeks ago)

The car had just under a full tank, not quite full but I wasn't going to make a big deal about it because I was looking forward to driving it.
    After two days it was showing an average of 43 MPG. I decided to top off the tank, (about 2 1/2 gallons) and reset the computer so I can start on a fresh full tank. After about 100 miles its now showing 51 MPG. I know its too early to see what it will level out at but I couldn't be happier. I also raised the tire pressure to 42 front and 40 back. (I hope that's not too much.)

Jon

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, Jon, and congratulations on your new car! You have the right pressure in your tires. Your milage will improve as the car breaks in and you get to know how to drive it. Have fun! :D