1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got quote on charger installation

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by rcbookie, Aug 13, 2010.

1. rcbookie

rcbookie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got my quote for installing the charger and I think it's high $1969.
    Has anyone else gotten their bids?:(

I have a 220 circuit in but they said that it needs to be 8 gage they should be able to just pull new wire through the existing box and change the breaker form 30 to 40 amp

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you do most of the preliminary work yourself, mount the box, run conduit, pull the wire, and just leave them job of connecting the wire, you should cut that amount down by $1500!!

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the wire and plugs are not exactly cheap. the electrician is getting paid 45 to 65 and hour. people tend to bump the price when they are playing with wire inside the main box.

how far is the wire run from your box to your outlet?

if the run is only 10 ft or so, i would assume you would get charged between 1500 and just about what they quoted you. i'm sure i'm overlooking a few things without seeing the job.

4. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    That is actually better than what they are quoting to others. No doubt you can do much better by buying the EVSE and getting it installed yourself. Checkout mynissanleaf.com for threads on this ...

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    You would think. We had a long run of number 8 that I shortened to end right where the charger will go ... only 4 feet from the main panel, inside our garage. I installed a 40 amp breaker ... had a 2 1/2 foot square of 3/4" plywood to mount the docking station on already installed ... got the AV estimate and guess what ... STILL TWO grand. The AV charger isn't even designed to be outdoors!
    :pound: