1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got the call today . . . Turned it down

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Medved, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Medved

Medved New Member

Well,

I just got a call from my dealer. A White #9 was offered to me, but I turned it down. I am sitting #3 in line, on a list of over 40. Since I am paying quite a bit for the car, I would like to get my first or second choice in color, perhaps even 3rd color choice.

Hopefully, I made someones day.

Peter

2. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

What colors are you looking for?

I am going in to my dealer today to put down $500 for a Package #9 in Driftwood, Seaside or Tideland Pearl.

I would not want white either

regards

3. paulisme

paulisme New Member

When my dealer was getting a White Package #7, I spent a few days on the buyatoyota.com site looking for a Black Package #7 and calling around to dealers that had one to see if they'd do a dealer trade. Eventually I found one that was willing to trade for the white one my dealer was getting, and now I'm, well, read my signature :)

4. Medved

Medved New Member

I ordered a Silver #9. I also saw the Driftwood, in person, I really liked that color too.

Number one on the list has been waiting for a Black #9 package since November.
    Number two on the list does not want Nav (no #9)

I'm Three :)

My choices, in order, would be silver, black, driftwood, seaside, salsa, then white. Not sure if I missed a color or not.

In either case, it's nice to be in my spot. I am in no rush, since I will have a hip replacment in about a week. I will not be able to drive for about a month, so I don't see any reason to jump on something I am not Thrilled with.

5. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

I'll post back after my dealer has told me my position

I can only hope I will be 3... doubt it

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Weird. Why so much white? I also was offered white, a color not on my list, about six weeks before getting something I wanted.

7. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

I wouldn't take white or black

I think those colors don't do the curves / lines of the car justice

There must be plenty of people who do as they sell OK

I know a white car is great in the hot weather

Chris

8. paulisme

paulisme New Member

Have you seen a black Prius in person? Pictures don't do it justice.

9. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

I must admit I have only seen the Salsa red in person. I didn't like it too much. I have only searched the internet for owner pictures of the other colors.

From this my list to the dealer will be: Driftwood, Seaside and Tideland Pearls

Chris

10. Medved

Medved New Member

I have see the following in real life (at the dealership)

Silver, Driftwood, Blue?? (I think that is the tideland) I don't remember.

I've had a number of black cars. They look great when clean. I had a 91 Celica GTS. Awsome car. I currently have a 83 Supra! My brother has a 85 in black as well. The 83 is in good shape with 113K on it, but needs a fresh coat of paint. I'll have to take some pictures and post.

Getting back to the subject. After seeing the few cars that I did, I think I would have ordered the Driftwood as my first choice. It looked like a million bucks! The inside with the ivory, looked a little more appealing to me. As much as I like black interiors, the ivory looks a little less plastic-e then the black. I will admit, I didn't spend a lot of time in each, probably less then 3 minutes each, so I was taking a lot in at the time. I'm sure what ever I end up with, it will grow on me.

My brother has seen the white, and said it looks really good with the windows tinted!

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had the opportunity to see all colors up close in person - The black really does look nice - especially with the gray interior.

Silver is also very elegant - but when Di and I first caught Glimpse of the Tideland (we were one of the first few who reported on the color w/ pics online) - we were both set on it (was the same time I got to see the black, white, seaside, and tideland). Previously I had wanted Seaside.

I think my least favorite color would be driftwood, then white.

12. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Tideland is the green/grey right?

13. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep - at first glance we though it was grey. However we noted a cast of green in the shade and immediately knew it was Tideland Pearl - the website at the time had a lighter, almost lime green.

14. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

My fav. too but I think that I might have more luck getting a car if I'm flexible

Chris

15. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I'm not a white car kinda guy but I must say the Prius is one of the best looking cars in white I've seen. I rented a white 2004 Prius and felt it was quite good looking.