1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got "THE CALL"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by s.e.tx_parrothead, Jul 7, 2006.

1. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The wait is almost over!!!!!!!! I got the call from my dealer today. The good news is the car has everything I want, but I had to go with my second color choice. Instead of Black, I will be getting one in Magnetic Grey. We had decided about 3-4 weeks ago to expand our color choices going with Barcelona Red, Black or the Magnetic Grey. It was a great way to wrap up a wonderful vacation. The Mom in law and niece flew in from Maryland and we went to Santa Fe, Taos and Red River, NM for several days and spent a few days with the folks in the TX Panhandle. I was hoping to have the Prius before vacation, but it didn't work out....so I will only have to drive the Jeep for another week and then hello Prius!!! I was gidding for about 2.5 hrs before the hubby could calm me down. I will update once I have her home from the Dealer.....now how do I convince the powers that be that i need a day off to pick up the car after taking 2 weeks off?????

2. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(s.e.tx_parrothead @ Jul 7 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]282868[/snapback]</div>
    Magnetic gray is the cool, new color you lucky person!

Let's see, what would be a good excuse for taking a day off to pick up a car, oops, Prius?

Obviously you can't tell them the truth because, unless they're Prius owners, the "powers that be" just won't get it.

You can't call in sick because you couldn't be ill one day and come in to work the next day with that silly grin that just won't go away.

You might tell them that you were abducted by aliens and space travel just wore you out...

What's this one day off to pick up the Prius "stuff" anyway. You're going to pick up the car one day and spend the next day at work? Sure you are...

The nice thing about being a parrothead is that "changes in latitude, changes in attitude" - very similar to driving a Prius. But then you know that, don't you?

Good luck coming up with an excuse, but find one and stick with it!

Congratulations!

3. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The current one is "I gotta take the hubby to the eye doctor, cause they are going to dilate his eyes and he can't drive home." Regardless of the day it comes in, I have to wait til Wednesday to pick up due to needing the hubby to drive me to dealership and his first day off is then.

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats!

5. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Excuses:

1. Totaled your car - then it is also easy to introduce your new one

2. Start coughing the day before

3. Vomit on the bosses desk right before you leave the night before

4. Grandmother's funeral (just make sure you haven't used this too many times or they may do the math)

It is not like you would be able to focus that day anyways...after all your baby is arriving!