1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gotta love Thelma

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 9G-man, Aug 11, 2008.

1. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I put the Saris Thelma 2 bike rack on my Prius the other day. Very light, very easy to use.
    Highly rec. Purchased from Gottaridebikes.com for $200.00 with their online first purchase coupon. Awesome.
    And the hatch opens in all three positions.

Folded
    [​IMG]

Unfolded
    [​IMG]

Loaded
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. phandshaw

phandshaw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree completely...my Curt hitch and the Saris Thelma are an outstanding combo if you're going to carry bikes...light and easy to use, with no appreciable effect on my MPGs around town.

3. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nice rack! :D:eek:

I'm also a big fan of the hitch mounted bike racks. You've got a great one for the Prius!

... Brad

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Is the Curt hitch the easiest and to install? What about price? I am thinking a hitch mount would be the easiest to install a bike rack on. Otherwise I might go with the Saris Bones.

5. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Darell ("the EV Nut") has a whole page on his experience with the Curt Hitch on his Prius. He has price info (though a bit aged), and he has many pictures showing his initial installation and the new, revised Curt Hitch for the Prius that came from some of his "negotiations" with the manufacturer.

Please follow this link to Darell's page on the Curt Hitch. You also can find many threads in PriusChat that deal with this hitch and PC members' experiences (and some cost issues).

6. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Curt, HiddenHitch, DrawTite.....they are all the same to install.
    And they all incorporate the mods now, that Curt does, to keep exaust from burning your bumper.
    DrawTite was the cheapest at $94.00 from Etrailer.com. Identical to HH.
    Curt is a little beefier, but alot heavier and more expensive. Overkill for a Prius.

7. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    On Etrailer.com the pictures for the Curt, HiddenHitch and DrawTite all look the same. Are they manufactured from the same place? And if they are then why does the HiddenHitch cost so much less?