1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS and camera in permanent night mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Donners, May 15, 2022.

1. Donners

Donners New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About three weeks ago, I noticed that the GPS display had changed to night mode. I don't remember touching any levers or buttons but there it was in purples and blues (as seen in the pic - it used to be in colour). The reversing camera had also gone into night/negative mode meaning any lights behind me are showing up as black. Subsequently, as I am driving the map disappears and is replaced by an analogue clock and, when that appears, the stereo becomes very loud. Yesterday, when I reversed the camera view was almost whited out.
    IMG_3266.jpg

Any ideas of how to revert this to normal? I have been through the settings but there is no day/night mode that I can find and most of the buttons when pushed say they are not active.

All suggestions are gratefully received.

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome, Donners. Let's see if @Tideland Prius has time to move this question to the Gen 3 forums so those drivers will be more likely to see it.

Meanwhile, this doesn't look like a setting. More like some sort of failure in the display.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    *Moved*

Hmm, it looks like the screen is failing.

jerrymildred likes this.