1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS and DST

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Trevor, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I currenty have the Daylight Savings Time setting turned on . So I'm guessing that my clock on the MFD when using the GPS will not spring forward when 2am rolls around. I wonder if that will possibly be patched someday.

So to get the right time I will have to turn DST off for three weeks and then turn it back on. As mentioned in other threads, I hope it goes away altogether so that I don't have to worry about it.

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not to sure how the daylight saving time is implemented in the Prius Nav but I think the information will be sent down via the GPS satellites as a bit flip of some kind.

Something like...

0159 March 11th.
    Prius NAV: Is it DST yet?
    GPS data: NO

0200 March 11th.
    Prius NAV: Is it DST yet?
    GPS data: YES
    Prius NAV: OK :D

I dont think you will have to worry about it. I guess we will all find out in a few hours.

You will have to set the clock on the dash manually. :angry:

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I believe the GPS system uses Zulu time for navigation, so DST isn't an issue. I, too, will be interested to see what happens. Probably just phone call timestamps off by an hour.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My hunch is that the DST setting only affects the appointment calendar function of the navigation system. I fail to see how it affects any other operation.

5. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2006 Prius nav system offers you the option of estimated arrival time, so you'd see a DST error there.