1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS audio issue

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by namvijnas, Apr 25, 2012.

1. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Folks,
    I have an annoying issue. If you have your radio/ipod on and are using navigation at the same time, the GPS instructions overlap the radio. Ideally for systems like this the radio /ipod/cd sound should fade away as the GPS directions are delivered and then resume back on. Is there a setting to turn this on?
    Thanks for your input.

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not that I have found. Today I experimented with an iPhone app that sent directions over Bluetooth that did mute the music. I think this is a pitiful issue personally. W

Edited to add the app mentioned above is called Waze and is free.

1 person likes this.
  3. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It seems just rude and a lot of times you cannot discern directions because of the crosstalk/overlap

4. samyul

samyul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had the same concern. I ended up turning up the volume for the gps audio. Even that was hard to find. I kept going to options with no luck then finally realized you had to hit the speaker looking icon on the nav.

5. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I tried this but still had a lot of confusion especially with some podcasts. My Honda paused the music and this was much easier to understand. It looks like Bluetooth directions from my phone will have to do if I want to listen to the radio. W

6. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    One big problem on the Display Audio unit...

While navigating ( to add to the existing problem of the GPS issuing commands over radio/music w/o fading out music) is this..
    If you are not on the maps screen and say switched over to audio to display the stations list and a GPS direction were to come up, the GPS blares out the direction but there is no video overlap on the screen to indicate distance/ direction of turn. At the least I would have expected that they could do a drop down window ( similar to when you change volume) with the direction arrow and distance remaining to the next turn.
    This is really bothersome and a big oversight on Toyotas part.
    I can understand their explanation of " you need to get the $5000 Tech package to get the split screen" explanation, but even a $150 portable GPS unit does this basic routine.

The display audio GPS is turning out be quite substandard

I hope Toyota has a software upgrade for this...