1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS can't find addresses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by required_username, Mar 28, 2008.

1. required_username

required_username Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Our Prius is less than a week old.
    I have plugged a couple of local addresses into the GPS and worked well.
    Yesterday I tried to plug in an address in KY (we live in WV) but when I got to the point of entering the city, the city I needed was not on the list. Since the hotel at that address has been there a long time, I know the address is correct but the GPS seems to think it doesn't exist.
    Tried an address in NC. The people we want to see have been at that address for >20 years and I know the address is correct. Again, the GPS seems to think it doesn't exist.
    I know(?) those states exist in the GPS database since it offers me the names of other cities in those states. Any idea what the problem is?

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you are searching outside your home region, you need to pick the new region first.
    Know what I mean, the "state group" you are traveling to ?......if it is other than your home region.

When you're inputting address, in the upper corning is a touch button with US6 (or whatever), select that and change the region to the one where your destination is.

3. required_username

required_username Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Very good. Changing the zone solved the problem. I had presumed the regions included entire states . . . obviously incorrect.