1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS DVD Upgrade Version 11.1

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ambrueck, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ambrueck

ambrueck New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased and installed GPS DVD upgrade Version 11.1 today and found that it does not contain a significant new four-lane parkway that has experienced heavy traffic for three years. The parkway that is not included in this latest DVD has been shown in Google Maps for at least the last two years. Toyota should provide purchasers of this 11.1 Version with a free disk at the next revision to compensate for such omissions. Otherwise, this is an outright rip-off.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If nothing else, file a complaint w/Toyota. See http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...6-nav-system-worth-1800-a-11.html#post1316654 as to why. Be specific as to what's missing.

BTW, this is optional but might prove somewhat insightful as to why getting a complaint logged in their database might be more useful than one-off complaints here on Priuschat. Episode 50 with Toyota's Doug Coleman | What Drives Us. Skip to the ~52 minute mark (or maybe go back 47 min mark) by clicking in the middle area to the right of track #1. Doug is on the phone and one of the hosts (Danny) is the Priuschat founder.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Toyota puts out a file that identifies all of the additions, state by state, with each new revision. You could have asked the dealer for this information or searched on here before purchasing the new upgrade.

My dealer parts guy emailed me the file so I could review before purchasing. I had the 8.1 and reviewed the revisions each year up to the 11.1 before making the decision to purchase the upgrade.