1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS Gone Mad?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tamim, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Tamim

Tamim .

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello kind sirs. I have a 2005 Prius with about 125,000 miles on it, I noticed that the battery in the rear of my car was getting old so I replaced it with an Optima battery I bought from Amazon. After I had my mechanic replace the battery all was well, but as soon as I tried to use the GPS I realized there are quite a few problems. The GPS no longer is able to find a number of addresses, as if they are missing now from the database? I can not type in San Diego or many other street addresses or cities into the GPS although it seems that the GPS is still able to locate my car on the main map and show me what is around. I told the mechanic about this and he said he has never had this problem before when replacing a battery and that it may be because I opted to use a Optima battery rather than a stock Toyota battery.

Does anyone know what may be the problem or how I could go about fixing this?

I am thinking I might have to reinstall or replace the GPS DVD in the car, there are a couple of choices to me, which one should I choose?

Should I choose the DVD titled "2010 Prius Navigation DVD", the one titled "Prius Nav Gen5 9_1" or the one titled "Toyt_Gen4_ver10.1_NA"

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance and happy holidays.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you have the wrong region selected?

Tamim and xs650 like this.
  3. Tamim

Tamim .

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for the reply! How do I select the region, or see which region is selected? I have never done this before, I'll try some Google Fu to find the answer.

4. Tamim

Tamim .

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you internet stranger, this has fixed the problem and it is 100% operational now! Post again so that I can shoot you another like.