1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS off line and smart key not smart after service...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ynot, May 22, 2011.

1. ynot

ynot New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Im new to the forum and joined becasue I have a specific problem.
    I just had my 90K service done, drove my '04 prius home and parked it for 2 days.

I tried to open the door like I always do (no remote key, just touching the handle) and the car would not unlock.

When I got into the car the GPS screen did not come up, the Info screen and energy consumption screens are also not working.

Before I took the car in for service everything worked fine.

I'm contending that the service people joslted something they should have just jiggled, or possibly jangled something they should have jingled.

has anyone else had a problem like this?

Previously, I took the car in for servise, and the nice trech managed to knock an acorn into the air intake ( behind the air filter) . I drove the car less trhan a mile, it stalled and I had to have AAA tow me back to the service center. So it is not my imagination that things happen more AFTER service than before.

Service people also managed to knock the stem loose on my tires, creating a slow leak, during a previous service visit.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, and if anyone knows what could have happened, Id apreciate the input.

Tony

2. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is a switch for the Smart Key System under the steering column.

You can also shut off the display. Not sure how to change it back, but it might be holding in the 'display' button.