1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS Re-route

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by WildOne, Jul 26, 2013.

1. WildOne

WildOne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I used the GPS feature for the first time. It got me there, but when I couldn't turn and had to go around, it didn't automatically re-route me. Is there such a feature?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2010 will automatically re-route any time I miss a calculated move. I would think your 2013 should at least do the same.

Take it to the dealer and show them.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mine does. have you checked the manual? maybe there's a setting to turn it on/off.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine 1st tells me to take the next turn and go around the block, then if I pass that it re-adjusts the route to the next major street. It doesn't matter how far off route I go, it still gives me a route to the destination.

5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you drove past your intended destination, then it probably said something like "You have arrived at your destination. The route guidance is now finished." If you go off your route any time before passing your destination, then yes, it will automatically recalculate your route. But once you arrive (even if you don't turn in the right driveway), she's done. If you get lost after that point, you'll have to pull it up as a recent destination and ask her for directions again.

ftl likes this.
  6. WildOne

WildOne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Will choosing "Route -> Preferences -> Start from Adjacent Route" recalculate from the current position in case it doesn't pick up on my detour etc?

Basically I had to take a detour and the GPS got lost by not picking back up until I got back on the route it had calculated. It didn't say "Turn on..." like it should have. No "Recalculating..." message either, which would have indicated that it picked up on said detour and would have directed me accordingly.

7. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Even my aftermarket NAV will constantly try to get me back on a route - even if it means going thru neighborhoods. Does your NAV have an "Avoidances" feature? If so, it will know about traffic snarls and detours ahead of time if those situations are broadcasted on a special frequency.