1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS Speed Sensor Override Doesn't Work With BlueTooth Phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Steve Goldenberg, May 9, 2004.

1. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I did the speed sensor GPS override a few months ago. It works perfectly.
    Now that I have my VERIZON, Sony T608 BlueTooth phone working, I was hoping the same override swich would let me dial calls while my wife is driving. It doesn't.
    Is there another over ride I have to install? Where can I find the instructions?
    The phone works great so far. I have uploaded the phone book but not yet set the one touch numbers, the voice dialing or the other advanced features.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My instructions clearly state that the override does not affect the BT phone. Coastal Dave has, apparently, figured out a way to defeat that so that the BT phone works as well, but I think it's a totally seperate Speed sensor wire behind the dash either going to an ECU or from an ECU to the MFD. It's beyond my technical expertise. I have been encouraging Wayne Brown to look into it, but he's not very motivated for it since he doesn't even have a BT phone to test it with. And he's got a few other irons in the fire to boot.

I think we're going to have to wait for Dave's override, though I hate to pay for something like this since I think it's probably as simple as a switch, or maybe even just cutting a single wire that doesn't do anything else. I found some possible wires in the Wiring diagrams, but, again, it's beyond my expertise to know which, if any, are safe to cut.