1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS stopped functioning suddenly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by luca, Jul 11, 2006.

1. luca

luca New Member

Last night suddenly I switched to GPS view and was greeted by a grey screen with lines, like an old B&W TV screen.

Switched back and forth, and a message appeared on the screen: "DVD check in progress". Have already scheduled a visit to the dealer, but I wanted to know if anybody has experienced the same thing and if -assuming the DVD is damaged- it is covered by the warranty.

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luca @ Jul 11 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]284589[/snapback]</div>

Hi Luca,

Need to know a little more information...like year of your Prius.

The only non-electronic thing I can think of is that something contacted the NAV box under your seat...is that possible? There has to be an eject button, or reset button down there. Otherwise, it sounds either electrical or in the software.

3. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Look at simple things first - did something bump a plug coming out of the dvd box under the driver's seat? Maybe an umbrella, somebody's foot, or something else accidently shoved under the seat (from front or rear side)?

Scoot the driver's seat all the way backward, get a flashlight and look under the "front" underside of the driver's location. Then scoot the seat all the way forward, get into the back seat and use the light again. Look for loose wires, plugs, etc.

If you can't find any loose plugs or connectors to fix, then probably need to stop poking around and let the dealer do anything more.