1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS Voice Guidance Volume\CD Player and Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RobertL, Dec 10, 2005.

1. RobertL

RobertL New Member

I have a 2005 Prius. On the Navigation I have it setup for the volume of the CD Player\Radio to automatically turn down when the Guidance Voice (during a destination route) comes on. But it doesn't seem to turn down much. Can't really notice a change. I do have the Guidance Voice turned up on the highest setting. I don't have the CD\Radio volume up loud. Not loud to me anyway. I usually have the CD\Radio volume set in the 20 range. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix for this other than turning the CD\Radio off?

Thank You,

RobertL :)

2. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

I see you added your car to your signature. Thanks! On the 2005, I don't believe there was an option for having the radio go dark during voice guidance.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have an '06 this may not apply.
    But, if I'm not mistaken the sound adjustment does NOT turn down the radio, but rather turns up the volume of the NAV voice. Unfortunately even at full volume it is rarely loud enough if the stereo volume is high.

I believe the '06 actually has ASL (it was supposed to be on the '04-'05 too, but never came to fruition), so this may be totally different.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I agree, a good idea to put car info in your signature and location in your profile. I just updated my sig.

jwe8f?

5. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

Damn!! Caught me not following my own advice! In my defense, I don't ask many questions, and I did have my location down. However, you are right, am modifing my sig to show I am the proud owner of a full-up 2005. :)