1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS work around

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ronald56, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I love my GPS (2007 Prius) but am crazed because I can't change the destination without stopping the car. I know there was a work-around for my (short-lived LEXUS RX 350), is there one anyone knows for the Prius?

- Ron

2. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I love my GPS (2007 Prius) but am crazed because I can't change the destination without stopping the car. I know there was a work-around for my (short-lived LEXUS RX 350), is there one anyone knows for the Prius?

3. dkit

dkit Junior Member

Use the search.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The GPS override process was "fixed" with the '06 model. Those of us with am '04 or '05 model year vehicle have an override. On the up side, you have a hi-def screen we don't.

5. butchbs1985

butchbs1985 Taking things apart is fun!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Two solutions that I think work on vehicles after '05:

1. Put a switch in line with the speed sensor wire.
    2. Build the automatic Bluetooth / NAV sensor override circuit. I built the Bluetooth only version as I have an '05 where the Maintenance override works. I love it as I can now use the MFD dial pad for making calls while driving.

(For those who want to criticize, it's saver to use the MFD than to juggle the phone)