1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mtorres, Nov 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mtorres

Mtorres New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and I have a question: I have a 2005 Prius and I was curious if it’s possible to update the GPS. And if so, how?

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the dealer or warehouse still has older discs lying around, probably. Toyota stopped supporting that version around 2011 or 2012 so that’s the latest version you’ll find if they have stock.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It can be updated but it's expensive and it won't be anywhere near updated. Whereas your phone, or an Android based replacement car stereo with touch screen will give you a GPS system that's based on the most popular map apps that are updated in real time with traffic, re-routes, etc.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With an older car, I would spend the update money on a portable GPS (Garmin or TomTom) and at least you’ll have free updates for several years. (Especially if you don’t have a smartphone or a data plan).

Alternatively, yes a phone mount with Google maps works too.