1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gcoln, Nov 13, 2009.

1. gcoln

gcoln New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2004 Prius without gps. can i install gps from another car like an 2005 model? If so what would i have to swap to make it work?

2. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Plenty of posts on the subject here, whilst it may be possible it hasn't been tried. You'd need a MFD, navigation DVD unit, GPS antenna and lots more.

The better solution would be to buy a portable Garmin or TomTom, cheaper, simpler and they're better navigation devices anyway with many more features. Get a ProClip to mount it on and you're sorted with a nice tidy solution.

I have a TomTom 940 mounted in a Carcomm Cradle on a ProClip next to the MFD. I use it in preference to the factory fit GPS.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As pointed out above, you are much better off to install a third party Nav system.

If you want to swap in a factory Nav as a hobby, it would be an interesting and extensive modification. Make sure to take photos.

Tom

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use TomTom on a Click-On bracket.