1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grace - BP Prius Two '13 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NorCalPrius2013, May 30, 2013.

?
  1. Morimoto

33.3%
  2. XenonSupply

66.7%
  1. NorCalPrius2013

NorCalPrius2013 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello guys and gals,

I got my new Prius Two Blizzard Pearl 2013 last friday (couldn't wait a few more months for the 2014 and couldn't resist the 0% APR & lower than TrueCar pricing). I already put about 450 miles on it due to some planned, and a few unplanned, trips in the past few days and I have yet to get gas! The feeling is awesome! Makes me feel a bit better after not getting a Scion FR-S as planned.

I will use this thread to post updates on my modifications to Grace.

Now:
    [​IMG]

What's planned in the future:

Exterior Parts:
    Shark Fin Antenna
    Carbon Fiber License Plate Frames
    Reverse Camera (since I have a 'Two')
    JDM Folding Mirrors (maybe?)
    Painting the brake calipers red
    Supertone Loud Horns
    Baking the headlights, adding LEDs and getting rid of the orange reflector

Interior Parts:
    Stainless Steel Foot Pedals
    Homelink Rearview Mirror

Other:
    Tint (Most likely 20%)
    Plasti Dip (black) or CF wrap the plastic cover of the rims
    CF or Black wrap: front façia, roof, mirrors, behind the toyota emblems and a few other places (going for the black/white panda look)
    Red Film on the Third Brake Light (maybe?)

Rewire the DRLs to be on with headlights
    Remove the continues beeping when in reverse

Exterior lights:
    HIDs (XS or Morimoto???)
    Exchange the turn signals (orange) bulbs to clear ones in both the front and back

Interior Lights:
    LED interior lights
    LED License Plate lights
    Maybe some extra LED strips, etc.
    (Any recommendations for a place where I can buy LED packages for the prius?)

And a lot, lot more!!! Please keep your suggestions, critiques, and insights coming and thank you for checking out my thread!

2. FishCandy

FishCandy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looking good, I have a set of FRS wheels and Michelin tires that would look great on your car!

NorCalPrius2013 likes this.
  3. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rims are already black. Why mess with the hubcaps? Just take them off and sell on eBay and use the proceeds for your other mods.

If you're going to remove the orange reflector, I'd stick with orange turn signal bulbs just to ward off the cops. It'll still have the clear look when not on.

If you can figure out how to wire the DRL LED's to stay on with your headlights, that would be a nice mod. I love the way they look. They are so bright they look like foglights.

4. NorCalPrius2013

NorCalPrius2013 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I might consider it in the future but right now I rather spend my $ elsewhere since the stock rim/wheel setup is... acceptable? haha

I took off the hubcaps on one of the wheels and the black rims just looked incomplete. I want to do something with the wheels but I am not set on a specific set of rims just yet. Also, I don't want to drop big $ on a set of rims right now when I can just spend my money for other things that matter more to me. That being said, $5-10 per wheel for either the plasti-dip option or the carbon fiber wrap is reasonable and a very small investment (imho). Also, if I go with the carbon fiber look elsewhere it will just look "cool" and match; the caps are very flat and it seems like the cf wrap wouldn't be too hard to install and it will definitely set my car apart. I am just going for the black/white panda look and I like the look of the carbon fiber weave (white not caring if people know its "just a cf wrap and not real cf").

As far as replacing the orange reflectors, I actually exchanged mine to custom white ones I made myself on my Scion tC and ran with a white bulb for years with no problems with the cops. Maybe the ones in my area don't care, but I have changed locations 3 times already so I don't know? If you are referring to the actual turn signals, I plan to keep them blinking in orange but I just want clear bulbs because the stock ones have orange coating and it reflects in their housing.
    [​IMG]

And as far as the DRL lights I want to make them turn on both like they already do as DRL and also with the headlights. I will most likely turn to my dad for help since he helped me wire my tC with the headlights, fog lights, custom DRL led strip and angel eyes. I might consider doing a DIY after we figure it out.

Thank you both for the feedback

wotcher likes this.
  5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Usually I hate driving around "advertising" with Dealer plates. Even when I think the deal went well. But what I like? Those Twilight Zone inspired "Toyota Zone" plates.....

As a big fan of The Twilight Zone, imo that's a cool advertising tie in....

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1 on the cool Toyota Zone plates lol.

7. jesseboy661

jesseboy661 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Have you managed to keep the DRL on while using low beams?

BRAIN using super powers

8. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    the first mod I bought was jdm led turn mirrors. awesomeness!

clazzios. since you got a two, then i highly recommend clazzios. rave reviews across the auto world. rodney is rep and he can hook you up.

tail lights - valentis if you have the $. maybe the specD full led for about half. or vinyl red or blackout/murder your lights to stand out especially in norcal.

interior led kit 3 options
    ijdmtoy $80
    exled $90-100
    exLED Toyota Prius (for sunroof model) ('10~) (Map, Dome, Vanity, Trunk, Door, License Plate) custom interior light kit
    ebay cheapie $30?
    (link courtesy of -1-)
    i struggled over which one to get. I broke down and got the ebay one. they're great. if i had the money, then i would have gone exled because they have dimmer function on each strip.

jdm piano steering wheel

i havent gotten around to my project. i bought the trs quik retro for the headlights. then im thinking about installing the xb angel eyes. And they're finishing redevelopment on xb strips. i've been putting off this project for months. if you beat me to it, then props to you. And maybe you will write a nice write up. ;)
    stock shroud size? | PriusChat