1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grand Mufti of Saudia Arabia: Destroy all Churches.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If the pope called for the destruction of all the mosques in Europe, the uproar would be cataclysmic. Pundits would lambaste the church, the White House would rush out a statement of deep concern, and rioters in the Middle East would kill each other in their grief. But when the most influential leader in the Muslim world issues a fatwa to destroy Christian churches, the silence is . . . ?

Read more: EDITORIAL: Destroy all churches - Washington Times

This is :frusty: what to do? :pound: :rant: or :noidea:

1 person likes this.
  2. sunvia

sunvia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the most influential moslem leader in the world is our president....how did it ever happen?

3. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    So far, Mr. Obama has been silent on this issue. However, best keep politics out of this unless you want it transferred to FHoPol!

Thanks for your reply :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    EXACTLY how he is going to be reelected - casting the GOP as a group of haters with crazy myths like this....just like Democrats screamed in 1984 Reagan WILL start a nuclear war - how's the post WWIII world? ;)

5. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another subject that should be in a private forum, but if not, why stop at calling Obama the worlds most influential Moslem leader, why not call him a slave also, or if you had your way, would be.

1 person likes this.
  6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow is all I can say.

7. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It would be interesting if the rest of the world could comfortably get along without oil from Saudi Arabia and the Grand Mufti made such a statement, the US and others just stopped buying their oil. ;)

8. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To be a little more fair here in the few minutes that this thread is in the non-political portion of PC...I think we should unpack this a little more.

1. My CinC is about as Muslim as Netanyahu is. I'm not his biggest cheerleader to be sure, and he's not Israel's biggest cheerleader either. Not by a long shot.
    Just cause he has a funny name, and had an Islamic pappy....well that doesn't make hin Islamic. I've even seen him drink beer in the White House.

2. OK...so sheik Abdul Whatshisname issued a fatwa saying that “it is necessary to destroy all the churches of the region.” If TWT has the quote right, that is.
    So?
    We're talking about Saudi Arabia here folks! First of all, churches are already banned in this region, so saying that they should be destroyed is a little extra-redundant, now isn't it?
    We're talking about a country that doesn't allow women to vote, and being LGBT is illegal, as in "capital punishment" illegal.

3. Lastly...He's got a hate on for the whole west...not just churches in his region, but I think that it's fair to point out that there are 2.something billions of Muslims on the planet. Of those that aren't spending 99.44 percent of their day trying to figure out how to keep their families fed and sleeping indoors, I think that a very small percentage of these folks share this blind hatred of "the West" or even the US and Israel.

I'm thinking that the "Papal declaration" comparison isn't very fair to the Muslim community at large. They do get their knickers in a knot over some pretty weird stuff, but I think that it's mostly the same very small minority that we Christians have to suffer with when an abortion clinic gets bombed, or some anti-Semitic symbols get spray painted onto somebody's house.

It's interesting to me that anytime somebody mentions Priuses or (only current!!) Presidents in anything close to an unflattering light, that there are instant and very strident shrieks for the post to be either removed altogether, or shunted onto the ideologue portion of the forum. Maybe all of the fatwa’s out there aren’t issued by sheik Whatshisname??

...Just sayin! :D

5 people like this.
  9. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I think the overlooking of this kind of violent hatred by leaders of large groups, two billion muslims per your estimates, should be called out. If the media doesn't do it someone should, and I'm not talking about a difference of opinion or POV as will disingenuously be used here shortly to point out other religions "hate" examples.

1 person likes this.
  10. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    1 person likes this.
  11. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just damn... I had to thank folks for being reasonable... as I will.

Just saying...