1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gray Cloth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Ron, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Prius Ron

Prius Ron New Member

About to take delivery of a Black package #7 in the next 2 weeks with the gray cloth. I know that the dark gray cloth on the Toyota website wasn't shipping originally and the first '06's were getting the same light gray as the '05's but was wondering if that's changed. I was really hoping to get the dark gray - it looks terrific. If they are shipping with the dark gray now and anybody has some pics, that would be really appreciated.

This is a TERRIFIC website and unbelievably informative for an (almost) new owner.

Thanks all -

Ron

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome to PC, Ron. I sat in a dark gray (cloth) one the other day, but didn't have a camera on me. My '04 has the light gray, and the new one I saw was appreciably darker.

3. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I was real hesitant to even put my name on a Prius becuase I have not yet seen the gray interior. All the literature says Dark Gray but the dealer showed me a swatch that was no where near dark.

I decided to go ahead and put a deposit on one that is in the middle of the ocean somewhere. I hope it comes in with the darker cloth. That would be fantastic!!

I'll post a picture of mine when it comes in (early Feb.) if nobody else has by then.

4. QED

QED New Member

I have the gray cloth in my '06. I'd say it's a medium gray. Not too light, not too dark ;)

Be glad to post a pic if that would help.

5. barry

barry Guest

Hello & Congrats!! A dealer told me today they can sell me a white w/gey cloth Pkg. #7 and install the grey leather for the same price as factory installed. They'll throw in the weather mats (LOL), which I want. Anyone have any feedback of the difference in factory installed versus after market? They said they do everyhting in leather as the #8! for $29,381. Getting the leather because the few I know who got cloth r changing! Is there a more comfy type of driver's seat I ask for them to install? or heat? Hmmm...a thought...Please share feedback! Thanks!
    Barry