1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grease on armrest fabric!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mhawkin1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I love my Prius, but every time (four times) I take it into the service center someone gets grease on my door panel fabric. I finally flipped my shizz last night - if they do this next time I am going to rip the entire panel off the door and beat someone with it.

I have a mild case of OCD, so this type of thing really irks me. :)

Still love my Prius though... :)

2. personallyuneek

personallyuneek Yankee fan in New England

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have you told the dealer before you leave it that you have had it happen in the past?

OCD or no, that would bother me. :(

Staples sells a book covering material that is clear. You can use it to stick to your fabric temporarally to cover the arm rests. It doesn't last long, but I have used it when I changed my oil to ensure I didn't do it to my car. Leave a note on the dash explaining why the covering is there.

3. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PersonallyUneek @ Nov 14 2007, 09:21 AM) [snapback]539383[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the information. The first time I cleaned it myself, thinking they would only make the situation worse. The second time, I mentioned it to my service rep and then cleaned it myself. The third time they placed a big note on my electronic file and clean it for me (I of course cleaned it again when I arrived home) and last night (the fourth time) as I said, I flipped a bit (which is very unusual for me). They ended up cleaning it fairly well. I do not feel I have unrealistic expectations - but this is insane – it was so bad last night I kind of felt like I was being punked at first.

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd look for another dealer. The one time my Toyota dealer got grease on the outside of my car, they appoligized profusely took it to the detail guys to have it washed and waxed plus gave me a free oil change, that's how they should have handled it.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They should replace all the parts they messed up under warranty, and then you should thereafter take it elsewhere for service. Four strikes and they're out.

6. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for the posts - and I will look for another dealer (they are the only one on my side of Indy).

The service manager called today and said they are looking into the issue further and also said they would call me back tomorrow and talk to me about rectifying the situation. I really hate to drive to the West/East side to get an oil change! :(

7. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ok Ok - the Toyota people have been horribly nice since I posted this message. They have called me numerous times, walked me through the new process they are implementing to make sure this does not happen to any customer in the future and they are sending me a 'book' of free oil changes.

I think they have done all they can do at this point - I will refrain from beating anyone with my door panel for now. :)

8. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey that's great!! Maybe they read priuschat? Maybe they'll treat you like "The King" now LOL

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That seems like it was a design flaw, center arm rests and door arm rest/handles shouldnt be covered in a fine cloth. It should be plastic so it would be easyer to clean...... ;)