1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great and Easy Installation! XM on 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bobiii, Jul 21, 2007.

1. bobiii

bobiii Junior Member

:) Just finished my installation of the xm kit bought from www.metrotpn.com. All genuine Toyota parts! Installation went smoothly following the installation instructions provided. The only difference is that I chose to put the antenna immediately behind my existing radio antenna. I just feel that it will give me the greatest signal strength not being filtered through the front windshield.
    Sound is better than my existing Rody and if's way much easier to change my stations. Having it integrated into the MFD is the best!
    I also noticed that in text mode my display shows 16 characters. In preset it shows only 10 characters for each button selection.
    Extremely satisfied with my purchase!

Took approximately 3 hours for the complete installation.

2. pviebey

pviebey New Member

I'll add the Sirius is just as easy from Jon there.

I put XM in my Prius, Sirius in my wife's (she likes their '70s' channel). Interestingly, the XM antenna is on left rear, but Sirius on right rear....

Both painless, and very well explained in the DVD (I would have payed 4x more just to know how to get the pieces apart!)

PLUS my wife's Siris went wonky after about 6 months, Jon sent me a replacement cross-ship with no problems (with a CC deposit). Replacement worked great, then forgot about it. A couple of months later got an email from Jon that he forgot to credit us for returning the defective unit (which we had completely forgotten). So, he's also very ethical...

There's another hardware vendor mentioned frequently in this forum who could learn a lot, from what I've heard...

3. JerryR

JerryR New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobiii @ Jul 21 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]482869[/snapback]</div>
    bobii (or anyone) - I just bought the 2007 xm kit from metrotpn, and before I attempt installation, I was hoping to find out the answer to a few questions I have after reading the instructions.

- what's up with the "nylon removal tool"? Is it necessary to get one? Or can any thin prying object be used?
    - did you use any solvent in your install?
    - I couldn't tell from the instructions what exactly the sealant was supposed to seal.
    - any other pointers or warnings about tricky parts?

Thanks,
    Jerry