1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Destinations NJ

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Proco, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK ... This has nothing to do with the Prius, but I thought I'd throw this out to all the NJ folks here.

The Star Ledger is running a photo contest centered around the best of NJ. They have a site set up where you can submit your photos & people can vote on them (& you can vote for others).

I'm shamelessly soliciting votes for my photos. I'd really like one to end up in the book they're producing.

You can see my photos here: http://www.greatdestinationsnj.com/people/proco

If you want to vote for any, though, you have to register with the site. That's one of the ways they make sure you can't vote multiple times for the same photo.

So if a few of you could show me some love, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks much!

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice photos. So, done. No problem.

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, Boo!

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    One good vote deserves another. ;)

I really like your Deal Lake picture. Your thumbnail image made it look like a house which was blasted by a snowstorm, but the full size image shows it for what it is. Harking back to my college photography (film) class days . . . It looks like a black and white image and you captured full black and full white. Makes me want to go there. Good job!

The sloppy joe on the other hand . . . don't want to go there. :sick:

I also voted for the Convention Hall walkway. I did one something like that on a photo class trip to Mission Carmel.

Of course, let us know if you win. Good luck!

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I appreciate the votes, Patrick! The Deal Lake picture was actually taken by my wife (I had to change our account to reflect both our names). She has a wonderful eye. I love that it looks B&W but is full color.

A few years ago the county fair's photo contest theme was Monmouth County Architecture, so I submitted the Sloppy Joe photo. The judges didn't think it counted as 'architecture'. I ended up 'selling' the framed photo to the deli for another Sloppy Joe. How can you go wrong with a sandwich of corned beef, turkey, pastrami, roast beef, russian dressing and coleslaw?

Thanks again!