1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Handling on Icy Roads!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daveleeprius, Jan 12, 2007.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just took the Prius out in our icy condo parking area, and it is terrific! Also out on the road to Safeway it just handled wonderfully. Have 1500 miles or so with the original Integrity tires. No complaints at all with this car. Traction control and anti-lock brakes work well. Interestingly enough, when the Traction control activates, as well as the anti-lock brakes, I see the same yellow symbol (the little square with the car sliding) on the dash. I thought the US model cars had a TRAC show up on the dash.

Will be driving out tomorrow!

Dave - in a very cold Seattle - 19F (got the snowflake again)

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I agree; they are very stable on slippery roads. I am very impressed.

Tom

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Our Prius is doing well too. I has a 4WD Subaru Legacy before the Prius and am impressed with how well it does. We have the Goodyear ComfortTreads on our Pri. However, with the cold temps I am not so impressed with the wimpy heater. The Subaru would be blasting after only a couple miles. The Prius, is well, warmish after about 10 miles.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Jan 13 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]375395[/snapback]</div>
    Covering the front grille with a winter front really helps that issue. You can only imagine my first winter with the car, when in Dec of 2004 and Jan of 2005 we had many -40 nights.