1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Mileage on Trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Spinnerbug, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just took a trip from Phila, PA to Northern Wisconsin. Got a great 51.8 mpg for entire trip. Can't ask for any more. I am so spoiled, don't think I could own anything getting less than at least 40mpg...
    Car ran great!

I have the 08 loaded Prius. :)

2. danl

danl New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yup, I'm consistently surprised by the good MPG my prius gives me even when I drive it "normally" (i.e. not watching the hsd display like a hawk)

3. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes I agree wholeheartedly. I just drove as I always do and was averaging 65-70 mph. I was not sure how it would do on mostly highway, but it did just fine. :)

4. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Forgot to mention that I also had the Air condx on at least half of the trip, along with cruise control. :p

5. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

Ditto, it seems trying to second guess the all electric mode is not worth the effort. I am constantly surprised when I look over and I am cruising on the battery alone mode with out trying.

6. ibmindless

ibmindless Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll bet you can top that on the way back. I managed 53.8 from Seattle to San Diego at the same cruising speeds, using cruise control & A/C, tires at 40/38.

7. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That's great to hear, Spinnerbug ... and it's nice to hear that you're so pleased with your Prius!

That beats our best mileage for a multi-tank trip by a smidge; a bit more than a month ago, we averaged 50.7 mpg in our '08 / Pkg 3 on a 1,625 mile trip from here to up-state NY and back ... and that was with about 700 pounds - weight of people + weight of cargo - in the car ....

8. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, and it seems that the longer you own it, the better it does. I now have 37,500mi on it. I drive to work round trip 100 mi per day and have been averaging 52-53 daily. I am on the original Infinity tires and they were 6/32 just before trip, running 38/36 air pressure. If I had the new sun roof and it was a bit quieter inside, I would have the best of the best!:)