1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Performance on Trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lovemyprius05, Oct 31, 2006.

1. lovemyprius05

lovemyprius05 New Member

For all the skeptics who think the Prius is a "wuss" of a car: My husband and I and another couple took my Prius for a 7,475 mile drive in 29 days to eight National Parks--packed with a month's worth of clothes for four as well as snacks and the usual stuff one packs to take a month hiking and sight-seeing trip. This Prius took us over the Continental Divide numerous times in Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Arches and Canyonlands without a strain; hugged the curves on Going-to-the-Sun Road and Beartooth Highway;zipped us through small towns and large cities. Even with the load, we averaged 46 mpg. See why I lovemyprius05!

I owned two Avalons and two Cressidas in the years before the Prius and, needless to say, had some reservations about the "small" Prius myself. However, I overcame my trepidation because I wanted to make a statement about oil dependence and the environment. Haved learned there is nothing miniature about this Baby.

2. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's good to hear! I'm planning a similar trip for early '07.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What great news to hear! And the mileage wasn't so bad, to boot. Sounds like the Prius did a stellar job and then some... :)