1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green E-ZPass Update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by larkinmj, Jul 5, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Since receiving my Green E-ZPass transponder from the NY State Thruway Authority, I had the first occasion to use it last week. On the Tappan Zee Bridge, I got an additional 10% off the already 10% E-ZPass discount (toll= $3.24.)
    I was told by a representative of the NY State Thruway Authority that the green tag would ONLY work on their road system, and that I would have to use my white E-ZPass tag for other roads. However, the green tag DID work for the New Jersey Turpike (however, it does not give you the additional 10% discount). SO apparently it is not necessary to keep the white tag for tolls outside of NY.

2. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's good information. Do both your green and white ezpass trips go to the same EZ-Pass account or do you have to have two accounts. I use the thruway very rarely, but if it's not going to cost me anything then I might go for it.

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I called NJ EZpass and they do not offer any discounts to hybrid cars

4. nyprius

nyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jul 5 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]281650[/snapback]</div>
    Just today I ordered a green EZ pass from the NY MTA. I use my white one in Massachusetts all the time under the Fast Lane system. I hope the green EZ pass works in MA, as it does in NJ. Does anyone know for sure if the green tag works with Fast Lane?

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Jul 5 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]281666[/snapback]</div>
    My account is with the NY Thruway- I have both my green and white pass, as well as my white pass on my other car, all on the same account. I don't use E-ZPass that often, but it doesn't cost me anything so it's worth it. For now I'll hang onto the white pass I was using in m Prius, but if the green one worls everywhere I don't really need it anymore.